Author Topic: Dockland  (Read 1042 times)

Offline KenM

• View Profile
Re: Dockland
« Reply #30 on: 23 May, 2019, 10:43:53 AM »
Hi Ed, I first heard the mention of Docklands when the developers were trying to market  their houses & flats,
(Whoops apartments) it had more appeal than redundant warehouse's
Its nice to have the forum back, I thought that it had done a runner again.
Ken.
« Last Edit: 24 May, 2019, 10:58:12 AM by KenM »

Offline harry

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 May, 2019, 01:45:59 PM »
Hi All great to have site back ,had a couple of frustrating days trying to find out what had happened??. Regards Harry.I.

Offline ed styles

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25 May, 2019, 09:35:11 AM »

alffox  , trying to think of a suitable resting place for the magazines , as a secret serial hoardermyself of shipping and dockland articles I wouid love to take them , but as management wouid go mental with even more papers I have to decline . I remember the " port " as my brorthers mother in law was a P.L.A. employee most of her life and yes they still posted the mag up till shortly she passed away .The era I,m interested in is the 60,s . If you email me my details are on my profile I may be able to give them a good home  . 
All the best Ed

Offline alffox

• Taken c1985
    • View Profile
    • The Fox family from Kelfield, Yorkshire and Edmead - Kelly - Brett
« Reply #33 on: 27 May, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »
Hello Ed,  Thanks for your reply - however Mick G gave me details of the Docklands History Society and I have made contact with them - they do not have any storage but like you and me would not like to see them tossed into the skip.   In total there are almost 150 items relating to the Docks - mostly The Port Newspapers/Port off London News/Polanews/PLA Staff Magazines etc.  The plastic box they are in is full to the brim and quite heavy.   Would certainly take a good number of years to sit and read them through and through and my "management" quotes - What are you keeping all that old junk for.   Will keep in touch with you on the progress or lack of.
alffox