Author Topic: is it terminal  (Read 1016 times)

Offline linda co

• View Profile
Re: is it terminal
« Reply #15 on: 14 June, 2018, 07:00:53 AM »
Hi Mick
I am a member of Facebook and can see the first photo of West Ham Lane. The second photo isn't of a dog though but a red Ford car.
Linda

Offline DougT

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 June, 2018, 07:50:38 AM »
Hi Linda,
If you scroll under Mick's photo to the right you will see the dog standing just behind the car.
Doug

Offline linda co

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 June, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »
Thank you Doug, hadn't thought to do that!! Lovely dog.
Linda

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 June, 2018, 12:39:50 PM »
MickG, as a non facebook member I can clearly see both pictures.
I will be interesting to see how you downloaded them.
Nice to see your lovely dog, when I know how I will beam in photo of my Boxer dog.
kenm.

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 June, 2018, 01:55:37 PM »
(https://postimg.cc/image/tstrbdhgb/)free image hosting (https://postimages.org/)

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 June, 2018, 02:04:44 PM »
Hi MickG, well I managed to post a photo of Keva my Boxer dog using Postimage, a free photo hosting programme.
A handy & straight forward little adventure into the unknown.
kenm.

Offline MickG

• View Profile
    • Mick's Muses
« Reply #21 on: 15 June, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »
I mentioned earlier I would outline the process for uploading images from the internet into text messages. Fortunately a number of us have now found out how to do this, so this is for those who may not be aware. Please note you can only copy images from the internet, not from your personal computer using this method. Also because the computer system will convert some of the letters I use in this message into computer code, I have used an asterisk * in places to prevent this happening. Wherever you see an asterisk, just ignore it and imagine it does not exist.

When typing in a message on this board, three lines of icons appear above the text input box. If you hover a mouse on the far  left icon of the second line, the words "Insert Image" appear. Clicking on this icon cause the letters [*img]     [*/img] to appear. It is between the first right square bracket ']' and the second left square bracket '[' the internet location of the image needs to be inserted. To find the internet location of a image, right click on the image and select the word 'properties' that will appear in a pop-up box. Dependent on the internet browser you are using, words like 'Address URL' or 'Copy image location, will appear. If the words  'Copy image location' appear, click on these words and the internet location of the image will be copied into your computer memory. If the words 'Address URL' appear (Internet Explorer), quickly triple click on the text alongside these words which will turn all this text blue. Please note there may be a lot more text that you cannot see but the triple click ensures your computer focuses on all of the text. While the text is still blue, right click on the blue text and use the 'Copy' option in the pop-up box that appear. This again will copy the internet address into your computers memory.

Now return to the message you are entering on this board and click between the two square brackets ][ mentioned earlier. The by right clicking, select the 'Paste' option that appear and the internet address of your picture will be inserted within the ][ brackets. Holding down the keys CTRL-V will do the same thing.

By clicking on the 'Preview' button  below the text input box, you can check your message which will also show your picture. Using the 'Preview' option does not publish your message to this board, it just allows you to see is everything is correct before posting your message. Once you are happy your message and image are correct, Click on the 'Post' button for everyone to see your message and picture.

I have tried both JPG and GIF images and both work.

For those who are interested, the method above which is far easier that it sounds, these pictures you add to messages are never physically copied from their original location to the Newham board computer. All that happens is a invisible window opens in your message and the computer looks at your picture which still remains in its original location and displays it in your message.
« Last Edit: 16 June, 2018, 12:19:08 PM by MickG »

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 June, 2018, 11:48:27 AM »
Hi Mick, thanks for photo posting info, to be able to insert a picture into a message adds interest & may even breath life into our forum.
Shame that admin havn't restored the attachments facility
kenm.