Author Topic: Silence  (Read 483 times)

Offline KenM

• View Profile
Silence
« on: 18 March, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »
I have just rejoined the Newham Forum after being away for twelve months, & find that it is not as active.
Where is everybody?
kenm

Offline MickG

• View Profile
    • Mick's Muses
Re: Silence
« Reply #1 on: 18 March, 2018, 12:45:52 PM »
Hello Ken, Welcome back to the forum.

Sadly the forum is not as active before it was suddenly taken off-line. In the intervening period, many contributors clearly looked for other social media outlets and attracting them back has been difficult. Still as they say, Hope springs eternal. I know other social media like Facebook can be very seductive in their allure, I have a account myself. However although the have various attractions like instant response, many of the groups there do seem to lack the in-depth knowledge and comment that contributors to this board made.

Any board is only as good as its input from contributors which in turn generates more discussion and new contributors in the process. I know by looking at the 'Who is online' facility that topics on this board are well read. I was in the process of framing in my mind a message to all users of this board not only to read, but to contribute as well, but this is as good a place as any to ask people to join.

Everyone who either lived or worked in Newham has knowledge that is well worth while contributing, be it something in-depth or perhaps something much less. This board helps to record the social history of the borough, the sort of history that would otherwise go unmentioned. It might be were you worked, played or communities you lived in or associated with. No matter how large or small your contribution, all would be welcome.

So if you are a reader of this board, but have not yet become a member, please do so. The registration process only takes a few minutes and does entitle you to make your own contributions from there on.

I hope to hear from you prospective new members soon

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 March, 2018, 02:22:00 PM »
Thanks Mick, its great to hear from you. I agree, Newham Forum had a certain buzz about it that Facebook & others seem to lack.
kenm.

Offline harry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2018, 11:34:53 AM »
Hi All I suppose one of the problems with attracting posters on this site is that not everyone has a laptop .
I have tried sites like army pals re  my 5 pounds member ship and found that there was no success with making any contact with anyone .
I suppose its like this site the only contact I have made with the Shipman Road School is Ken M  other than him zilch!!!.
But because you don't post as much as before does not mean that you do not read the new posts.
So we just keep our fingers crossed and hope someday someone we know will find this site and post some useful information.
Regards Harry I