Author Topic: Bobby Moore  (Read 284 times)

Offline ed styles

• View Profile
Bobby Moore
« on: 12 April, 2018, 12:00:04 PM »

When the Website finally allows us to post photos ,I was fortunate enough 2016 to attend Bob's Blue Plaque unveiling at his old boyhood home in Barking and through cheeky cockney banter found our way inside the V.I.P.  cordon alongside some old Hammers , funny they did'nt recognise me , although we must have looked important or famous as Baroness Brady invited us to view the new stadium and take canapes  afterwards .Anyway nice photos and am happy to share with the board ,although Gregg Dyke ruined one when he photo bombed one of ours  a good day was had .

All the best Ed

Offline Essexgirl

• Helpful user
  • Orignally from Hornchurch. Have East End ancestors
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Moore
« Reply #1 on: 07 August, 2018, 07:11:19 AM »
What do you think of the new stadium Ed?

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 August, 2018, 10:59:30 AM »
Hi Essexgirl, nice to see a new name on the forum.
I did notice thay you lived in Hornchurch which was my home for several years.
My addess was Ravenscourt drive, would that be anywhere close to your old home?
kenm.

Offline ed styles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August, 2018, 04:59:52 PM »
Essex girl ,
                  Stadium was good but then was still transforming it into the Hammers new home . As one of the ol timers still miss the Boleyn and the atmosphere , always will , but also the dirty smelly Dock area with many happy memories ,can't go back so got to lump it .My old stomping ground now full of strangers so like to think we had the best of times down there ,so same go's for the Boleyn haven't yet seen it all pulled down , but now live about 70 miles north of stadium so and have to make good with Sky t.v for watching the " boys " .

All the best Ed