Author Topic: Shipman Rd School  (Read 2318 times)

Offline harry

• View Profile
Re: Shipman Rd School
« Reply #30 on: 03 September, 2018, 12:49:05 PM »
Hi Ken another item to test your memory can you remember Mr White {science teacher}using an ex army cathode ray tube to make a small television albeit with a green screen. I had the task of cutting holes in the chassis using a tri panning tool I think this project was started by our last term before leaving school and finished by the next year in 1951.
I think that I have exhausted all my memories of Shipman Road School in what has become an ongoing chat between you and I as there seems to be a lacking of other souls who were at Shipman Road to add to these stories .
I think that I will now call it a day Re postings and will become a watcher instead of a poster and will keep an eye on the site anyway  .Regards  Harry.i

Offline KenM

• View Profile
Re: Shipman Rd School
« Reply #31 on: 04 September, 2018, 11:22:03 AM »
Hi Harry, every week I used to look forward to science class, as Mr White made them so interesting with the various experiments & projects.
As you say, no other pupils have wished to join our chat line, I do find that strange.
MickG posts some interesting items, but few seem to follow up, or add to his posts.
I will dip in & out now & again, you never know some ex Shipman road pupils may come out of their slumbers.
Bye for now Harry.
ken.