Author Topic: Shipman Rd School  (Read 259 times)

Offline KenM

• View Profile
Shipman Rd School
« on: 17 March, 2018, 11:48:01 AM »
Hi, are there any former pupils of Mr Davey out there who may recall the good times?
kenm

Offline harry

• View Profile
Re: Shipman Rd School
« Reply #1 on: 19 March, 2018, 01:56:16 PM »
hi Ken I was one of your classmates at shipman road and like you I often remember old classmates and wonder how life treated them over the years.
I remember some names Stanley Whinne George Hobbs bob brooks winkle Waite harry Dodds  prof Bavins  Colin Nichols  Jhon Chapple David Stone  Joyce Angel Elaine Mutter Lillian Stone Madge Bridger Rosie King Doreen Harvey Valerie Walker,and others that don,t come back to mind .
I believe Harry Dodds became a publican Colin Nichols I remember standing at the traffic lights at the junction of Becton road and Prince Regents lane in his police uniform complete with his sergeants stripes on view.
You gave a resume of your life perhaps others can fill in bits of some of the other ex pupils
Anyway nice to see another old name from the old site back in the fold as it were .
Regards Harry I

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 March, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
Hi Harry, thanks for your reply,its good to hear from you.
I lost touch with most of my school pals when I went to start my apprenticeship at Tate & Lyles.
I did bump into George Hobbs after he had completed his National Service, I believe in Kenya.
Tommy Smith moved down here to Bournemouth some years ago, sadly he died last year.
I cannot recall many of the class names, but I do have a tatty photograph of the group taken in the playground by Mr Davey.
Looking at that will I hope prod the old brain cells into life.
Cheers
kenm

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 March, 2018, 01:07:36 PM »
(https://postimages.org/)

Any pupils in Mr Davey class may recall this being taken.