Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 503 times)

Offline KenM

• View Profile
Introduction
« on: 16 March, 2018, 05:26:32 PM »
Hi, I was a pupil at Shipman Rd school in Mr Davey class until around 1950, leaving to complete an apprenticship at Lyles Plaistow Wharf.
Then onto  2 years national service in Malaya.
Moved to Bournemouth in 1972 & took up employment with MOD.
Retired, now taking things in the slow lane.
Kenm

Offline ed styles

• View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2018, 05:31:07 PM »
Hi Ken ,why have you registered again ?  we emailed each other a couple of years ago because you mentione Tate Lyles Apprentices and do you remember me asking if you remered a guy called Reg who was also a Carpenter and in the RAF . Well I went onto say I worked with Reg us both being Carpenters ,on a couple of Building projects in the East End , I remembered he lived near the Bolyen and found out he was no longer with us .
Did you also work for Cork Insulation, I had a spell with them mid 60,s working in the Docks on the Ships I believe you were in the workshop near the Boleyn , we were taken on by Joe bituno?at his call by the Steps Pub, Happy Days.

All the best Ed

Offline KenM

• View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2018, 12:16:09 PM »
Hi Ed, it was only by pure chance that I found Newham Forums were back.
Yes I knew Reg Shaw, I served my apprenticship on the same bench. He left to do his National Service in the RAF & was posted to Egypt I believe.
While he was away I done my stint in the Army, so we never met up again. After leaving the Army I started work with Cork Insulation Co Ltd, staying with them until moving to Bournemouth in the early seventies.
Kenm