Author Topic: Joe Brown  (Read 8999 times)

Offline bites yer spokes

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Brown
« Reply #15 on: 28 July, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »
           Re-  Joe Brown's East End (TV series) . Was that the occasion, as part of the programme , where The Sultan's pub sign was replaced leaving us with Joe's face grinning at us through the Sultans headdress ? 

Offline GEORGIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 August, 2015, 03:07:59 PM »
Hello Every one,

Reading about joe brown , I too met him once but only for a few minutes, when I was filling up a car with petrol,
I  cant  remember if he was the driver, or not, but he struck me as being a very friendly type of guy, and smiling, yes he impressed me, then,   being polite  (the sort of man , who didn't show off, not even then when he was becoming famous,) and very easy to talk too,  its amazing how quickly , many of us can judge a person in a few minutes, simply by the way they talk, and so it seems we all thought the same about joe,

iv come across other celebrities, who I wouldn't spend a minute talking to them, simply as some of these other people were big heads, and show offs,   but I can honestly say joe brown was  a real genuine man,
very likeable, and I thought sincere,

many regards to you all,.

GEORGIAN,

Offline ed styles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 August, 2015, 03:41:54 PM »
GEORGIAN,
I'm going to do something we shouldn't do that is come off the main thread , but hey I don't care .Talking about Joe and how down to earth he was and that many celebrities are  ( well up themselves ) which having worked for many of them over the years I have to agree , there was one story that I always relate to regarding Footballers .Some years age my wife's cousins husband was very ill with cancer , and he was a passionate follower of the old Chelsea 70's and his favourite player was Ossie, Peter Osgood, as he became bedridden and weaker , I popped in and visited him in Bedford. I hardly had time to sit down before he told me he had had a visit from Peter Os who some how had heard how poorly he was, but took the time out to come all the way to Bedford to cheer him up and talk about the old times at the Bridge.
Best bit was he didn't even play for Chelsea then, I think it was Southampton, so when I here about these overpaid celebrities and footballers I think over Peter os, and sadly he died a few years ago with a similar illness.

All the best Ed

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
Re: JOE BROWN
« Reply #18 on: 28 August, 2015, 07:29:17 PM »
Hello Sheila
 I hope you didnt take my posting about JOE BROWN the wrong way,i also think that JOE is a cockney thru. and thru,i think what he was saying that because he wasnt born within the sound of BOW  bells,he dont class himself  a true cockney, which is wrong realy because most of the people of West Ham was not born within the sound ofBOW bells,yet they still have the same feelings about the East End as some one who could hear the bells.
  As for not wanting to visit London,well you can understand that,he proberly misses the London of the fifties,when you could go up town without any worries ,go into a coffee bar and see the likes of the Dave Clark Five,Sandy Shaw,Billy Fury,Cliff Richard and all the old rockers doing their act for fun and free coffee for the rest of the night,wonderful days and nights.
   Regards the jellied eels,i know he likes them,because i use to see him at the jellied eel stall outside the Greengate pub having his bowl of eels and a slice of dry bread,more wonderful days and nights.
                             All the best.ALF.

Hi Alf. I remember the eel stool at the greengate. it was goodrigdes. eel stool. It stood out side the pub.
Great eels great memories.

Allso tubby isaacs at Aldgate.
Lovely grub.

Offline harry

• View Profile
re the dying forum
« Reply #19 on: 04 July, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »
Hi Ken I thought I would make  a suggestion re the forum perhaps you could do what I have just tried look at some of the earlier posts circa 2008 some are quite interesting Regards H.Isles
« Last Edit: 04 July, 2018, 03:56:51 PM by harry »

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 July, 2018, 04:07:28 PM »
Hi Harry, thanks for suggestion to look up long past posts, it may awaken ye old brain cells.
kenm.