Author Topic: global warmng is it getting better ?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline GEORGIAN

• View Profile
global warmng is it getting better ?
« on: 05 April, 2016, 06:31:54 PM »
Hello Everyone,

in  the past where ever you lived even in WESTHAM  as it used to be called, before there wasn't  the amount of traffic that there is today on our roads, in almost in a bygone age, but where there were horse and carts even up to the fifties and early sixties, these lovely old horses although slow and perhaps clumber some especially when you  think of shire horses, all beautiful in their own way, and sadly now all gone,

how ever they didn't emit the gasses that modern day vehicles  do, today, although in those days there were chimneys and places like the Battersea power stations, belching out Hugh plumes of smoke, much like the many factories along the Thames ,in Woolwich as it was then , and else where, even along the coast,
today much has as far as we know been controlled up to a point  but again as we all know from the television and world news that out weather is constantly changing, 

modern houses unlike the old ones many have which have disappeared particularly in custom house, and surrounding areas, being replaced with more modern houses which many no longer have a chimney,
with the exception of china and a few more countries even if they too manage to get their act together do you think with all the efforts thats being made in the world will our climate change hope fully for the better
every one being able up to a point, of being able to breath in clean air,  but will this be enough to reverse the damage thats already being done and sadly isn't having very much impact on our planet at this moment in time,

many regards to you all.

GEROGIAN,

Offline nellanhoj

• View Profile
Re: global warmng is it getting better ?
« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »
I think us humans are on lost cause. We've had global warming ever since the "ice age".

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April, 2016, 08:02:56 PM »
Their are many schools of thought on climate change. Their are scientists who believe in it . & some who do not.
I personaly  think it is a natural occurance   Those that do, mostly the the BBC, & the liberal elite , who at every chance they get, will start  clambering for attention. claiming the world will end if we don't reduce our emissions ,

This has created  a them & us situation, Those that can afford the green taxes that were imposed on us by the liberals in the coalition , & those poor  who are suffering because of them ,, Another stealth tax in my opinion ".

Who remembers the London fogs. when you couldn't see hand in front of you.& we had to  change over to smokeless fuel,& then to gas fires. Now we have central heating.
Nothing has changed , we are still being fed propaganda by the media.
Who do ypu believe", you will have to make your own minds up.
Regards Ron

Offline cockney gel

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2016, 07:52:15 PM »
Hello All,
 Like you Ron, l am dubious about climate change. Has not the earth warmed up and cooled down at different times in its' life?  ln the past, one of the BBC's most favourite [and mine] experts used to be David Bellamey. He always seemed to be on our t.v.'s, but since he came out with his own doubting ideas about global warming, he has disappeared from our screens. lt also seems to have gone very quiet about the doom and gloom there was about the hole in the ozone layer?
  The earth is not solid, it's a load of plates that surround a molten core. For hundreds of years volcanoes have expelled lava from deep inside the bowels of the earth, and these plates are also constantly shifting. The sun sometimes has sunbursts and flare-ups [?] which affects our weather.  But for me the question is, what caused the end of the last ice-age thousands of years ago? Was that down to global warming at that time? There were no factories or even houses back then. Nature is a powerful, ongoing thing, and a natural progression too. ls it not a bit like spitting into the wind when countries such as China, India and Russia are continuing to belch out the emissions without any thought or care?
  Obviously this is my personal thoughts and everyone is entitled to their own ideas, but again like Ron, l think this is making a lot of money for some at the expense of those who can least afford it.  Just one last query, why, if Mount Everest is the highest point in the World, so is closer to the sun, is it permanently covered with ice at the top?

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 May, 2016, 08:59:48 PM »
Some good points their cockney gel, I surpose the global warming mob has gone  quite because they are busy feeding us propaganda for the referendum.
Call me an old cynic, LOL
Regards Ron,

Offline Bob L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May, 2016, 12:01:37 AM »
Sorry Cockney Gel but I do not agree.

In his foreword to the 1989 book The Greenhouse Effect,[10] Bellamy wrote:

"The profligate demands of humankind are causing far reaching changes to the atmosphere of planet Earth, of this there is no doubt. Earth's temperature is showing an upward swing, the so-called greenhouse effect, now a subject of international concern. The greenhouse effect may melt the glaciers and ice caps of the world causing the sea to rise and flood many of our great cities and much of our best farmland."

He later changed his mind but then in 2005 announced that he believed that his research was wrong.

I think his TV career owed more to his nice personality than to his expertise. It is not just TV that has dropped him, it looks like most scientific organisations have too.

Offline nollanhej

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 October, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »
No to worry, nature will have the last laugh . . . I has for millions of years. All the build-up combustion from all the buried salvage, for a start. Not exactly tomorrow, but it will happen. All of the talk has created a market for wealth creation, like selling/buying of Carbon Credits, being toted for sale by Spivs with fake city business addresses.