Author Topic: Eastenders  (Read 4235 times)

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
Re: Eastenders
« Reply #15 on: 26 January, 2016, 11:30:19 AM »
What a 'bleed'n shame,there's poor little Stacie acting her socks off at the moment !!
and I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up with some award come the the Bafta's or some soap best actress ??
and I'm like most people who say,'no never watch that rubbish' mmm?
Oh yeah! and Perry Fenwick is out of Ripley Rd..play the music  Vic

Stacie always looks to me to be in pain..She has always  got that look of constipation on her face.

Tony Quinlan

« Reply #16 on: 26 January, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »
Never watched a soap opera in my life.............nor could I.
Life is far too short for trash television.

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 January, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »
I am sure that there are some budding script writers among you.
kenM.

Offline nan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 January, 2016, 07:43:49 AM »
Being housebound I look forward to watching,e/Enders,corrie and emmerdale.
I know sometimes they are rubbish ,and us proper e/Enders are nothing like they are on the telly,
In all of them you never see them cooking,ironing,doing housework,but I still look forward to watching them,(sad,isn't it )but I enjoy them.,,nan,

Offline GEORGIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 January, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »
Hello Doug.T

My wife sometimes watches some of the soaps but not all the time, as she prefers corrie, or Emmerdale,
however even she said that even these soaps are becoming more like east enders, violent  with all the crime, drugs, and crime  scenes and every thing else,  which as you quite rightly say nan, were never like the way the real east end really was,    nothing like the rubbish shown on the television, today,??   

sadly  many young people really believe that  this is how the east end  really was, (we know differently,)
basically the east enders were friendly, mostly family people who didn't interfere in others peoples business but  were  helpful and sympathetic, in times of stress, and trouble,

in way back in the past even the police were never called, as families dealt with problems themselves, and in most cases the matter was very amicably settled  and  quickly,  (without all  the rubbish thats being shown on the television these days, no fighting, or feuding, simply knocking on the door and saying lets get this matter settled, and in many cases it was, )

Many regards to you Doug.T

GEORGIAN,

« Last Edit: 30 January, 2016, 11:57:12 AM by GEORGIAN »

Offline nellanhoj

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 January, 2016, 06:29:52 PM »
I don't think any of the soaps are meant to reflect the past, because how far would they have to go back to portray past affairs and memories that would resonate with the various aged groups. What they try to do [whether successfully or not] is to portray events and storylines of some of today's issues and topics. Even though they are "Soaps" they don't wash with me, and I certainly can't get into a lather over them.  Westerns are the same thing . . . all make believe. The viewing statistics and length of time that these soaps have been running, show that the formula appears to be successful and is approved by the viewers. I personally think all the reality shows are load of rubbish, so I have never viewed more than five minutes of any of them. But there you go, that my opinion!   

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 February, 2016, 05:00:12 PM »
I think its a woman's thing. The soaps I mean.. ;)

Offline milenabraham8

• New to the board
    • View Profile
    • buy dissertation online
« Reply #22 on: 12 March, 2016, 06:29:01 AM »
I just missed the latest episode. Now I'm searching for it in YouTube, i can't find out it

Buy dissertation online (http://www.buy-custom-essays-online.com/buy-dissertation-online.html)
buy dissertation online (http://www.buy-custom-essays-online.com/buy-dissertation-online.html)

Offline DougT

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 March, 2016, 09:55:49 AM »
If you are really that desperate to catch up on EastEnders then I would suggest you go to BBC i-player instead of putting dubious links in your post!