Author Topic: HMS Rawalpindi  (Read 26445 times)

Offline linda c

• View Profile
Re: HMS Rawalpindi
« Reply #30 on: 30 July, 2014, 11:33:24 AM »
Hello Malcolm and Welcome to the Forum

There is quite a lot of replies on this thread about the HMS Rawalpindi and I expect you saw the list that Kathy posted on Page 1 (date 1/7/2011) which included your relatives name.

Such a tragic story and it must have been so difficult for Florence to believe what had happened. In our family my uncle was killed on the HMS Hoihow when it was torpedoed in 1943 and my great grandmother would never believe the letters she received from the War Office.

Linda

Offline malcmere

• New to the board
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 July, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »
Linda

Thanks for the reply and yes I did see the original post by Kathy quite sometime ago and it has taken me quite a while to remember to join the site and post information on John Joseph Marron.

Thanks

Malcolm

Offline T Smillie

• New to the board
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 January, 2016, 07:24:35 PM »
Hi

Im not sure if anyone can help me but im looking for people that knew my grandad. His name was John Patrick Hunt from Canning Town, he was supposed to get on HMS Rawalpindi but when he got there his job was gone, but he told me he lost some good pals on it.

I am looking for people that can tell me some stories of my grandad when he was younger.

I loved him very much and would love to hear about his younger days.

Thanks

Tarin

Offline linda co

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 January, 2016, 10:35:16 AM »
Hello Tarin, and Welcome to the Forum,

I do hope you manage to find someone on the forum who knew your granddad and will be able to tell you stories of when he was younger.

Best Wishes
Linda