Author Topic: Dr Delva's Family story  (Read 944 times)

Offline jplant1

• View Profile
Dr Delva's Family story
« on: 06 September, 2017, 10:21:21 AM »
The Biography of a New Canadian Family
By Pierre L. Delva, Joan Campbell-Delva
available on GoogleBooks at
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=vQ6g6cypGWEC&pg=PA211&lpg=PA211&dq=doctor+delva+east+ham&source=bl&ots=QsEP9N_c3t&sig=d6LLUQbyLWNRffYaHJKMsNgwWMU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiChfq61Y7WAhWWHsAKHawKAooQ6AEIZzAG#v=onepage&q=doctor%20delva%20east%20ham&f=false

When I was growing up in Green St, Dr Delva was a legendary GP, with a surgery in Hatherley Gardens E6. This book is the family story by his son, who studied medicine in London and worked in his father's GP practice.  Full of interesting insights into the real life of a dedicated GP in East London.

Offline linda co

• View Profile
Re: Dr Delva's Family story
« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »
Sounds very interesting. I shall try to order a copy.
Regards
Linda

Offline dave twitchett

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 December, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »
I see on Abebooks that there are four print on demand volumes in Dr Delva's  story. Which volume should I buy for the East Ham memories? My stepmother changed from Dr Ahern in Central Park Road to Dr De Joad,s practice where Dr Delva was. Coincidence no doubt but there  was a Joan Campbell amongst the kids with whom I played in the street in Montpelier Gardens.  Dave Twitchett

Offline jplant1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December, 2017, 08:43:08 PM »
Unfortunately I don't know about the PoD editions. I can only suggest you have a look at the online version I stated, which might give you some clues.