Author Topic: Book. "oi Jimmy Knacker' by KEN KIMBERLEY  (Read 223 times)

Offline dave twitchett

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
Book. "oi Jimmy Knacker' by KEN KIMBERLEY
« on: 02 September, 2017, 07:04:40 PM »
Has there been any discussion on  the book "oi Jimmy Knacker" by Ken Kimberley. Anybody who has not seen it is in for treat. It is just soggy with nostalgia. My apologies if this is not a new topic, Sincerely   Dave Twitchett

Offline linda co

• View Profile
Re: Book. "oi Jimmy Knacker' by KEN KIMBERLEY
« Reply #1 on: 03 September, 2017, 07:23:50 AM »
Welcome back to the Forum Dave
If you put Jimmy Knacker into the search box at the top of the main page it shows  posts on there about the book.

Linda

Offline ed styles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 September, 2017, 09:24:02 PM »
Have read it and enjoyed , this is one of the books one of my grandsons love to read and he is 18  and reading history at Canterbury ,there is a second book called lash up and stow agin to do with his life around Greengate and in the Navy  W.W.II

All the best Ed

Offline Laramie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 October, 2017, 10:01:34 PM »
Wasn't around Greengate at that time as was born after war,but I have just bought the books and it stirred some memories of the area. A really lovely read and great illustrations. The 3 books are the sort you can pick up and put down and when you return to them,find out something else.Thanks for reviewing them.

Offline GEORGIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 October, 2017, 07:57:21 AM »
Regarding books, ( FOUR MEALS FOR FOURPENCE)

iv just started reading a book ,its called four meals for four pence, im sure many of you may have  already  read this book   how ever if you haven't and im assuming your from the east end as many of us on the forum are, or were, then this book will certainly bring back hidden or long forgotten memories , its well written by Grace Foakes,  and its in the time when our mothers food wise, and time wise, performed almost  day to day miracles in not only bringing up a family but feeding them with little or money coming in,

with the colder weather coming its worth curling up on the setee and getting into this book which im sure you like me will really enjoy it,