Author Topic: You can always delete it  (Read 1929 times)

Offline nellanhoj

• View Profile
You can always delete it
« on: 23 October, 2015, 09:45:33 AM »
Over the years I've posted or dropped names on this forum just to create talking points for discussion. If after a few days no answers or comments are forthcoming I have deleted many of my topics because there has been no response and I feel it's a waste of forum space. I'm not computer literate enough to know if there is such a thing on space limits for forums. So what I say to members is don't be afraid to mention a subject because if it's not responded too then perhaps it's not of any interest to any readers at the time . . . so delete it. No harm done!
I'll give you five years to answer this message . . .  You've been warned!! ::) ::) ::)

Offline nan

• View Profile
Re: You can always delete it
« Reply #1 on: 23 October, 2015, 11:30:32 AM »
Nellanhog,
Just read your letter and like yourself I don't understand a lot of this computter jargon(too old in the head to take it all in.)
But just for something to write about,I have todo my shopping online(being disabled) and I have just opened a bag of potatoes called. Charlotte looked to see where they are from and they are grown in France,whyever do we get them from there when we have all these farms in England
We get food from all different countries now don't we.
Just thought I would have a moan
Take care ,nan.

Offline nellanhoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 October, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »
Nan, I expect that potatoes, like milk production,  today, is in the hands of the big supermarkets who are dictators when it comes to price of spuds. Unfortunately, most of the greengrocers shops, and milk deliveries have disappeared now so the big boys have it all there own way. Fortunately, joe public gets the benefits of the supermarket's huge buying powers pricewise if perhaps not choice. So it looks like you'll have to scrape-by until they get British spuds at the price they are prepared to pay.   

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 October, 2015, 11:37:22 AM »
Nellanhoj, Will you kindly advise those of us not computer savvy, how to delete a post.

Offline DougT

• View Profile
Re: You can always delete
« Reply #4 on: 24 October, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »
Ken, if you log on to the site and go to one of the posts that you have made there are options to modify or remove. If you need to remove a post that you have made just select the "Remove" option. 
« Last Edit: 24 October, 2015, 02:17:40 PM by DougT »

Offline KenM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 October, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »
Doug T,  thanks for your prompt reply & advice, I have been trying to delete the heading rather than my post.
kenm.

Offline DougT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 October, 2015, 02:19:03 PM »
Ken, If you select the modify option you can alter the subject line. I've just deleted the word "it" from my previous post.
Dougt

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 October, 2015, 04:03:49 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline nellanhoj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 October, 2015, 09:12:38 AM »
KenM
It would appear that you can delete some posts even if they've been responded to. I deleted the post below and it had been responded to.
Hey. Ho. You live and learn.

"So what I say to members is don't be afraid to mention a subject because if it's not responded too then perhaps it's not of any interest to any readers at the time . . . so delete it. No harm done!"

I'm not 'puter savvy myself. So I'll say this and hope someone puts me right if I'm wrong! If a message has been responded to then I don't think it can be deleted, but you can modify it. As I quoted and underlined from my original posting above,  I think only then that  it  is possible to delete it. Otherwise, it stays put if its been answered.
Modify message

« Last Edit: 24 October, 2015, 04:44:08 PM by nellanhoj »

« Last Edit: 30 October, 2015, 09:15:46 AM by nellanhoj »

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 October, 2015, 10:48:41 AM »
I like reviving some of the old posts that nobody had responded to at the time.