Author Topic: East Ham Grammar School For Boys  (Read 7982 times)

Offline johnfarrant

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
East Ham Grammar School For Boys
« on: 05 March, 2012, 05:38:38 PM »
I attended the above School from 1948/53 . any old boys still about? - ie. Dave  Copeman, Tony Reeves,  Miller,Williams  The headmaster was a Dr (Joe) Whiteley. I lived in Byron Ave and used to go to a youth club in Monega Rd school. Sundays we all used to meet in the local pictures "The Premier" in East Ham or "The Coronation" at Manor Park broadway' used a cafecalled The Monega afterwards.
I had a large family of cousins who lived in Kensington Ave. named Darby   -John. Ronnie, Kenny, Lesley, Teddy, Peggy, Sheila and Josie. We seemed to have lost touch.
Greatfull for any information  John         
moved to Manor Park at 9 months Lived in Byron Ave  (at 71 then after bomb damage moved to No. 70)until I did National Service in 1956-- started at Kensington Ave Infants School-- went to East Ham Gammar Scool For Boys

MBrennan

Re: East Ham Grammar School For Boys
« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
Long shot but Josie is a name you rarely hear of. My mum had a good friend around 1970 called Josie Kemp (married surname) who would have been the right age. She also had a daughter called Josie.  I think they lived near us in the Hameway ara but moved. We used to visit them in Lathom Road, opposte Lathom Road School. I would have only been about 7 or 8 at the time and can only remember a random thing; that she smoked Kensitas and collected the vouchers  :)

Offline Joseph Hunt

• Helpful user
  • Lived in E16 and E13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 March, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »
I have a old Postcard of Kensington Ave. If you would like a copy go to the top of the page, click on members and on page 10 you will see my name. Click on the envelope and send me an E-mail and I will send it to you. Joe

MBrennan

« Reply #3 on: 05 March, 2012, 09:30:51 PM »
Joe,

All people need to do to send a message is click on the envelope under someone's photo next to any of their messges  :)

mark

Offline Joseph Hunt

• Helpful user
  • Lived in E16 and E13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 March, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
Mark I did forget that bit because I rarely go to the the topic group messages . I just read them on the first page. Thanks  Joe

MBrennan

« Reply #5 on: 05 March, 2012, 11:51:18 PM »
No problem Joe - hope you don't think I am a busybody  ;D

Offline johnfarrant

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 March, 2012, 07:26:53 AM »
Thanks for the replies and the offer of that photo    thanks  John
moved to Manor Park at 9 months Lived in Byron Ave  (at 71 then after bomb damage moved to No. 70)until I did National Service in 1956-- started at Kensington Ave Infants School-- went to East Ham Gammar Scool For Boys

Offline TBrooks

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 August, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »
I attended the above School from 1948/53 . any old boys still about? - ie. Dave  Copeman, Tony Reeves,  Miller,Williams  The headmaster was a Dr (Joe) Whiteley. I lived in Byron Ave and used to go to a youth club in Monega Rd school. Sundays we all used to meet in the local pictures "The Premier" in East Ham or "The Coronation" at Manor Park broadway' used a cafecalled The Monega afterwards.
I had a large family of cousins who lived in Kensington Ave. named Darby   -John. Ronnie, Kenny, Lesley, Teddy, Peggy, Sheila and Josie. We seemed to have lost touch.
Greatfull for any information  John         

Loads of us, this link is the school old boys site ehgs@googlegroups.com

Offline johnfarrant

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 August, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »
Thanks Tony found the link useful got carried away looking at old photos and getting the words of the school song --hope to make contact with old friends   Thanks again  John

Offline Deyhdheool

• New to the board
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 August, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »
Thank you for good communication.
ominto (https://instagram.com/omintoshopping/)

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 November, 2015, 06:26:12 PM »
I know that. if you could move out of custom house to east ham.. you had made it'
We used to think it was so posh!

Offline Charlessroyal

• New to the board
    • View Profile
    • Dissertation editing service
« Reply #11 on: 11 April, 2016, 10:21:13 AM »
In the east there are so many East Ham Grammar School For Boys works. If you google search you can find it
Dissertation editing service (http://best-uk-dissertation.com/dissertation-editing-services.html)