Author Topic: Twitchett Family History  (Read 99 times)

Offline dave twitchett

• Helpful user
    • View Profile
Twitchett Family History
« on: 08 September, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »
Father had two dozen East/West Ham cousins and they have all  since procreated for several more generations. Thus there are a lot of Newham Twitchetts about. Any who are interested in their family history may like to know that an informal Twitchett Family History Circle has existed since the 1980s. Suggest Google "twitchett.me.uk". If you then click on " Fathers' Footsteps" you will see our newsletters. If any out there are currently researching their line  then the likelihood is that it has already been done  and is on  our database. You will be able to trace your antecedents back in a direct line to the Knight who came from Normandy with Willy the Conk. By branching off through a female line you will see your connection to several Queens of England and The Conqueror himself. You will, like me be proud to share relationship with our  two brave young Twitchetts who served with Nelson on the Victory at Trafalgar. And you will share kinship with the various Lords Audley through the ages. If any  Twitchetts who trace back to South London; The Medway Area; Durham :Yorkshire etc then we can tell you who was the first to migrate from our Essex/Suffolk border country heartlands and when.  Hope somebody finds this useful. Sincerely Dave Twitchett

Offline linda co

• View Profile
Re: Twitchett Family History
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2017, 07:44:14 AM »
What an interesting and exciting family tree you have Dave. It would be great if anyone on the Forum is related to you.
I have been researching my family for many years now and find it fascinating. I haven't however found any royal relatives yet but you never know. I'll keep plodding on!

Linda

Offline ron copus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »
Interesting..family tree,,
I got as far as the 18 century with mine ,,then give up as they disappeared into  Ireland.

Offline Bob L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 September, 2017, 05:27:53 PM »
Hi Dave

Interesting post, thank you. I do not think that I had any ancestors at Trafalgar, but I do have one who appears to have been press ganged and served on HMS Aggamemnon (Nelson's ship before Victory). William Davis. He was a Thames Waterman by trade, apparently they were rather valued by the Royal Navy. I am rather proud of him myself.

I also have Audley connections via Yorkshire ancestry. I am not aware of any Lords though. Any connections I wonder?