Author Topic: now to test your memories  (Read 81 times)

Offline GEORGIAN

• View Profile
now to test your memories
« on: 17 August, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »
Years ago i lived then in prince of wales road , and went to prince of wales school as did all my uncles, and aunts, including my mother, how ever at the top of prince of wales road was a school i must assume built early 1910 may be later it was knocked down and later rebuilt only years late to be knocked down again ,

it now a university for over seas students.
so does any one know the name of the infants school built all those years ago, 

i hope some one out there has a name , if so ill be very grateful if you can enlighten me, many regards to you,  Georgian,

Offline biff

• View Profile
Re: now to test your memories
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2017, 07:15:59 PM »
Hi Georgian.
 I am not sure but I seem to recall a school in Prince Regents Lane getting bombed in WW2. I think it might have been called
Regent School or Prince Regent School. I don't think this was the school where the firemen were killed in WW2 as I think that
was in Freemasons Rd. I'm to young to remember (though not that young) any of this. I am pretty sure there was a photo of
this school on the Newham Website but I can't seem to find it. I would be grateful if anyone knows how to get to them as I
would like to look at the old CD bomb maps that were on there.

Offline MickG

• View Profile
    • Mick's Muses
« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2017, 08:25:41 PM »
If you follow the link to a old Ordnance Survey map, the map shows the name of the school to be the Regent County Primary School.

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=18&lat=51.5109&lon=0.0340&layers=173&right=BingHyb

Offline GEORGIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2017, 08:00:51 AM »
Thank you biff, and Mick ,My brother sent me a photo of a derelict building which was in a very bad way i can only assume it might have been as a result of bombing in the 2nd world war,

how ever he didn't have a name neither had i, so this is where your expertise came in and as usual i was pleased you had the answer,  so many thanks for your help gratefully appreciated,

Georgian,